Stress /stres/ noun. A state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or very demanding circumstances.
This can be stressful.
Yet many small businesses rely on the business owner and possibly a small group of employees to be experts on every business function. They are jumping from one responsibility to another and juggling priorities when the next crisis happens.
There are usually two reasons why small business owners choose to manage the many functions of running their business with little to no help:
- Control: they want to know what is going on in every aspect of the business.
- Cost: expenses can make or break a small business and they need to watch the bottom line.
If you are willing to give up some control, hiring employees is an option. It is also expensive when you calculate salaries, benefits, taxes, training and office space. Hiring the level of expertise you need may make it even more costly.
A better approach may be to outsource functions like IT that require specific expertise. In addition to reducing stress there are a number of benefits to outsourcing IT because your business can:
- Use only the IT services needed.
- Scale services up or down as business changes.
- Pay predictable, low monthly costs.
- Reduce employee costs and personnel concerns.
- Free time to focus on your core business and do what you do best.
- Gain IT expertise without the high salaries.
Learn how Kirby Engineering eliminated a big stress in their business by outsourcing their IT computer management. CASE STUDY: Using Computer Management Services Eliminates IT Stress.
If you are interested in outsourcing some of your IT stress and learn more about using managed IT Services, CONTACT US.